New Delhi. A painful accident took place in Uttarakhand on Sunday. A bus carrying passengers fell into a gorge near Gangnani on the Gangotri Highway. 28 injured have been rescued in the accident. Seven bodies have been retrieved so far.
ADVERTISEMENT “JDA APPROVED PLOTS IN JAIPUR AVAILABLE AT AGRA ROAD, MAIN HIGHWAY, CALL 9314188188
As per the information, bus number (uk 07 8585) was coming from Gangotri towards Uttarkashi with 33 passengers. During this the bus went uncontrolled and fell into the ditch. According to the District Disaster Management, 27 injured have been rescued so far.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital by 108 ambulances for treatment. At the same time, seven bodies have been recovered. SP Arpan Yaduvanshi has also left for the spot. At the same time, two more ambulances have been sent from the district hospital to the spot.
Also read this news: ‘Granddaughter born from grandmother’s womb’ 56-year-old woman became the mother of her own son’s child, know what is the whole matter
CM expressed grief
Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami expressed grief over the Gangotri accident. At the same time, he has instructed the local administration to carry out rapid relief and rescue operations.
Also read this news: Female teacher fell in love with student, got married after getting gender changed
Extremely distressing news has been received that some people have been injured in an accident in Gangnani going from Gangotri to Uttarkashi. The administration has been directed to conduct quick relief and rescue operations and to ensure proper arrangements for the treatment of the injured.
— Pushkar Singh Dhami (@pushkardhami) August 20, 2023
The governor expressed grief over the accident
Governor Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh (Seni) has condoled the loss of lives in a vehicle accident in Uttarkashi district. He expressed condolences to the bereaved families while praying for the eternal peace of the departed souls. The Governor has wished speedy recovery of the injured in the accident.
Also read this news: ‘My boyfriend gave birth to a child, he did not know she was pregnant’
Many accidents have happened on Gangotri Highway before.
Uttarkashi. Major accidents have happened in Uttarkashi in the past as well. In the bus accident in 1995, 70 people and in the bus accident in 2017 took the lives of 30 people. Dabrani, Gangnani and Nalupani in the district have a dark history in terms of accidents.
1. On September 20, 1995, 70 people lost their lives in a bus accident at Dabrani on the Gangotri Highway.
2. On June 9, 2003, 4 people died in a car accident at Nalupani on the Gangotri Highway.
3. On July 9, 2006, 22 people died in a bus accident at Nalupani on the Gangotri Highway.
4. On July 21, 2008, 14 people died in a bus accident at Sukki on the Gangotri Highway.
5. On December 10, 2009, 12 people were killed in a Max accident at Nalupani on the Gangotri Highway.
6. On June 9, 2010, five people were killed in a car accident at Gangnani on the Gangotri Highway.
7. On August 1, 2010, 27 people died in a truck accident at Dabrani on the Gangotri Highway.
8. On May 21, 2017, 30 people died in a bus accident at Nalupani on the Gangotri Highway.
9. On June 7, 2022, 26 people died in a bus accident in Damta on the Yamunotri Highway.
download app To read the latest news of your city, download Sanjeevani Today App
Advertisement: “GOOD INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY IN JAIPUR” JDA APPROVED PLOTS JDA APPROVED PLOTS ONLY IN 4 LAKH VATIKA TONK ROAD CALL 8279269659