Mumbai, March 4: A person’s eyes can tell a lot about his whole personality. That is why it is said that there is a deep secret hidden in the eyes. Whenever a patient goes to a doctor, the doctor first examines his eyes with a torch. When there is some problem in the heart, its symptoms appear in the eyes. Heart is a very important part of our life. The heart is a pumping machine, which pumps blood throughout the body.
When something affects the heart. Then it affects the blood flow and this effect is directly visible in the eyes. According to WHO, about 1.79 crore people die every year due to heart related diseases i.e. cardiovascular diseases. When heart problems occur, the eyes are also affected.
What is diabetic retinopathy? Symptoms and treatment explained by experts
If there are more problems related to the heart, vision can also go away. That is why it is important to treat the heart as soon as symptoms appear. Because even if the blood pressure increases, the nerves of the eyes can be damaged.
Effects on Dolyaba due to heart disease
1. Blood pressure: According to the University of Chicago, when there is high BP, blood pressure also increases in contrast to the blood vessels. This condition can cause retinopathy in the eyes. This can lead to bleeding from the eye veins. Swelling starts near the eyes. Blood clots begin to form. The nerves in the eyes can burst and eventually lead to loss of vision.
2. Retinal Shrinkage : According to the Greater Kashmir website, when atherosclerotic heart disease occurs, macular degeneration begins in the eyes. This is a disease in which the retina begins to dry out. So the light of the eyes can go completely.
3. Cataracts : Some studies have found evidence that heart disease also causes cataracts. According to one study, cataract surgery patients have a higher risk of death from heart attack and stroke.
4. Plaque build up in arteries : If plaque builds up in the arteries of the heart, the blood reaching the eyes is reduced. This can destroy the retina and lead to total blindness.
Diabetes can lead to blindness! Take care of these things to keep your eyes safe
5. Fat accumulation around eyes : When bad cholesterol starts to build up in the arteries of the heart, fat starts to build up around the eyes through the blood vessels. It surrounds the eyes from all sides.
Marathi News, Breaking News in Marathi First on News18 Lokmat. Read today’s latest news, live news updates, first on trusted Marathi news website News18 Lokmat.