IG News Updates,
Ontario Provincial Police are investigating after a thief stole at least 13 medals and countless Olympic mementos from a Canadian gymnast.
Police say they were informed of a burglary from a home in Chatsworth Township, Ontario, on July 4.
The items stolen included several Canadian national championship medals for gymnastics, other international competition medals, and some Ontario provincial championship awards.
Police say the thief also took memorabilia, including national and Olympic gymnastics team clothing and uniforms for Team Canada, framed structures from the 1992 Olympics and national souvenirs from several international competitions between 1982 and 1993, among other things .
Police would not confirm whether the victim was a former member of the Team Canada gymnastics team, but confirmed that all of the items taken were for gymnastics and belonged to the person from whose home they were stolen.
- 1988 Canadian National Championship
- 1986 Elite Canadian Championship
- 1984 Ontario Provincial Championships
- 1989 National Championships
- 1992 Yeomen Gymnastics Classic
- 1987 Canadian National Gymnastics Championships (Winnipeg)
- 1991 Canadian National Gymnastics Championships (Saskatoon)
- Queens University Golden Gaels
- 1985 National Championships (Vancouver)
- 1989 Ljubljana Yugoslavia Beam
- 1992 Ontario Gymnastics Championships
- 1990 Canadian National Championships (Halifax)
- 1988 Craft International Competition (London, England)
Body of youth missing in NS flood likely to be recovered, say police
Is that a person in a costume? Chinese zoo says its sun bear is real
- National and Olympic gymnastics team clothing and uniforms
- T-shirt, tracksuit, winter coat, red and white Canadian tracksuit (Arena brand)
- light blue long coat and long red coat
- framed detail 1992 olympics
- Burnished wooden gymnast wooden plate from Ljubljana, Yugoslavia
- National souvenirs of China, Hong Kong, Korea, Macau, Australia, Austria, France, Belgium, Germany, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, England, Liechtenstein, 1982–1993
- A box of 1992 Olympic memorabilia
Members of the Gray Bruce OPP are asking that anyone with information regarding the burglary contact police at 1-888-310-1122.
Tokyo Olympics: Penny Oleksiak Becomes Canada’s Most Honored Summer Games Athlete
© 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.