Devotees gather at Sigma to offer arghya to the rising sun.
– Photo: Amar Ajala.
Chhath Puja 2023 Day 4: Today That is, November 20 is the last day of Chhath Puja. The fourth day i.e. Saptami Tithi is the last day of Chat Mahaparva. On this day, water is offered to the rising sun in the morning. With this the Chhath festival ends. The vacation begins with Mahaparva Nahay-Khe. After that, the second day is known as Kharna, the third day as Sindhia Arghya and the fourth day as Usha Arghya. Chhath is celebrated with great fanfare in Bihar, Jharkhand and eastern Uttar Pradesh. Chhath fast is observed for long life of children and their happy life. In this case, let’s know when the sunrise will be on the last day and how to offer land to the rising sun…
Time to water the rising sun
On November 20, the rising sun will be offered Arghiya. Sunrise on this day will be at 6:47 AM. At this time, devotees can offer arghya to the sun after performing puja as per the rituals.
The method of Usha Arghya
- On this day, while offering argya to the sun god, keep your face towards the east.
- Always use a copper vessel to serve argya.
- Always hold the water container with both hands while offering water to the sun.
- It is considered very auspicious to see the rays falling on the water’s edge while offering argya to the sun.
- Keep red and red colored flowers in the pot while giving the soil.
Significance of Usha Arghya
The four-day Chhath Puja ended with Usha Arghya. On this day, after giving land to the rising sun, the Chhath fast is broken. People fasting on this day reach the river ghat before sunrise and offer argya to the rising sun. Then pray to Suryadev and Chhatmata for happy life of children and happiness and peace of family.