Convoy organizer says plans for 2023 protest in Winnipeg are off the charts IG News

Irshadgul News report,

Ottawa – Freedom Convoy 2.0 appears to be a bust.

Canada Unity, one of the anti-government protest groups behind the protest that made much headlines last year, is calling off its plans to relaunch the event this February.

Canada Unity founder James Bowder initially planned to bring the four-day blockade to Ottawa, but then said it would be moved to Winnipeg.

Bodmer now says in a Facebook post that’s not going to happen at all, citing security breaches and personal character attacks.

As the 2022 protest in Ottawa was forced to end last February, Bauder was among dozens arrested and charged with various charges of mischief and disobeying police and court orders.

The first iteration of the Freedom Convoy blocked off downtown Ottawa for three weeks and closed at least four border crossings, resulting in the federal government’s decision to invoke the Emergency Act for the first time.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published on January 2, 2023.

join the conversation

conversation are the opinions of our readers and are subject to Code of conduct. The Star does not endorse these views.
RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular