Published: Sep 25, 2023 10:29:21 am
Minimum Income Guarantee Law in Rajasthan: Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to enact minimum income guarantee law. If employment is not found within 15 days, unemployment allowance is guaranteed. A person eligible for pension will get a minimum of Rs 1000 every month and an increase of 15 percent annually.
Now, if the Panchayat or urban body is not able to provide work to any resident of the state within 15 days of applying, the state government will give unemployment allowance. Apart from these, the entitlement of social security pension will increase by Rs 12 thousand annually and by 15 percent annually from the second year onwards. For this, a minimum income guarantee law has been made, which is expected to become effective from this week itself. There is already a law to guarantee education and health in the state. Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to guarantee minimum income. The law includes a guarantee of 125 days of employment in a year to all rural and urban families and a minimum pension of Rs 1,000 per month to the elderly, specially abled people, widows and single women. This pension will increase by 10 percent in January and 5 percent in July, which will be a total of 15 percent. The guarantee will automatically end after receiving 125 days of employment and unemployment allowance in a year.