New Delhi: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the list of bank holidays for the month of October 2022. A total of 21 holidays have been listed by the central bank.
Most holidays are listed under the Holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act. In addition to these holidays, there are five weekly holidays, the second Saturday and the fourth Saturday.
Not all banks across the country will remain closed on all 21 days listed by RBI as holidays and festivals vary from state to state.
Although banks will remain closed on holidays, online banking operations will be available for the customers.
List of Bank Holidays in October
Given below is the list of bank holidays in the month of October.
- October 1: Half Yearly Closure of Bank Accounts
- October 2: sunday
- October 3: Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami)
- October 4: Durga Puja / Dussehra (Maha Navami) / Ayudha Puja / Birthday of Shrimant Sankardev
- October 5: Durga Puja / Dussehra (Vijay Dashami) / Birthday of Shrimant Sankardev
- 6 October: Durga Puja (Dasai)
- 7 October: Durga Puja (Dasai)
- 8 October: Milad-e-Sharif / Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammad)
- 9 October: sunday
- 13 October: karva chauth
- 14 October: Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi
- 16 October: sunday
- 18 October: Kati Bihu
- 22 October: fourth saturday
- 23 October: sunday
- 24 October: Kali Puja / Deepawali / Diwali (Lakshmi Puja) / Hell Chaturdashi
- 25 October: Lakshmi Puja/Deepawali/Govardhan Puja
- 26 October: Govardhan Puja/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Bhai Bij/Bhai Dooj/Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Lakshmi Puja/Entrance Day
- October 27: Bhai Dooj/Chitragupta Jayanti/Lakshmi Puja/Deepawali/Ningol Chakkuba
- 30 October: sunday
- 31 October: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s Birthday / Surya Pashti Dala Chhath (early morning) / Chhath Puja
The Reserve Bank of India declares holidays under three categories, holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, and real time gross settlement holidays and closing of bank accounts.