Lucknow: A presentation regarding various development schemes of the Urban Development Department was made in front of the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath, at his official residence here today. On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that the state government is committed for sustainable and well-planned development of the cities. As the development is increasing in the state, so is the urbanization.
The Chief Minister said that the state government is going to take development works forward through a healthy competition among themselves in urban areas through the Akankshi Nagar Yojana. For this, 16 indicators have been identified. Arrangements should be made under this scheme in such a way that all the municipal bodies can be benefitted. Adequate manpower should be made available in the cities included in the aspirational city plan. CM fellows should be posted in these cities for better execution of development works. Better training should be done for CM fellows and data should be made available on time.
read this also
The state government has created new urban bodies by increasing the delimitation of urban areas according to the needs of the people. In these new urban areas, the system of making birth certificate and death certificate should be improved, so that the common man does not face any problem. The Urban Development Department should review the situation of water logging in all the 17 Municipal Corporations and execute the works in a better way. The works of infrastructure development of council schools in urban areas should be taken forward.
The Chief Minister said that the Kalyan Mandapam being built by the Urban Development Department is being made for the marriage of the poor person’s daughter/ other auspicious and cultural programs. These should be linked with the Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi scheme and MLA funds should also be used for the construction of these Kalyan Mandapams. Basic facilities should be developed in religious and historical places of urban areas. For this, the works should be taken forward through convergence. All development authorities should move towards self-reliance. To develop green road infrastructure in urban areas, the works should be taken forward in a systematic manner. Systematic rehabilitation of destitute/stray animals should be done in the cities.
- Make sure to solve the problem of water logging by surveying the situation of water logging in all 17 corporations.
- Arrangement of birth certificate and death certificate should be made online in the new areas included in the municipal bodies.
- Speed up development works in aspirational cities by appointing CM fellows
- Data of 16 indicators of Akankshi Nagar Yojana should be available on time
- Encourage mutual competition in cities under the aspirational city plan
- Link Kalyan Mandapam with “U.P. Mathrubhumi Yojana”
- Develop green road infrastructure in urban areas
- Develop basic facilities in religious and historical places of urban area
- Become a self-reliant development authority
- Systematic rehabilitation of destitute/stray animals in cities